Friday, July 6, 2012

The People I was Writing about Yesterday


So I stumbled across an ad for a new line of clothing bearing this logo. The slug on their web page read "We are not ashamed. We are not afraid." This, of course implies that shame and fear may exist, constructs which are patently impossible in a mechanistic universe controlled by Darwinian selection. Most meaningless of all is their logo, left, which draws on all kinds of deistic history, symbolism, and imagery. It calls to mind what Doug Wilson always says about the thinking of atheists:
Two things atheists believe:
  1. There is no God.
  2. We hate Him!
In regard to the abundant revelation of God - natural, special, historical, etc. - one can't help picturing a child with his hands over his ears, yelling at the top of his lungs, "I'm not listening!  I'm not listening!  I'm not listening!"


No comments:

Post a Comment